Subsurface Instruments AML PRO™ SeriesLocator
Find Buried PVC/PE Pipes Using GPS & Advanced Digital Patented Technology.
The AML PRO™ is a scientific instrument that utilizes ultra-high radio frequencies to find differences in densities. This offers the best method for locating PVC & PE pipes and nearly any other object that has an edge.
- New Microprocessor Intelligence
- Patented Radio Wave Technology
- Lightweight Construction (2.5 lbs.)
- Noise Isolating Headphones
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery
- Customizable User Preferences
- USB Powered Port
- Durable ABS Housing
- Backlit Display
- GPS Plotting & Tracking
- 32 Sensitivity Settings
- Digital Leveling Meter
- Digital Targeting Indicator
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
We strongly encourage new operators to attend a factory training session in Green Bay, WI in order to fully understand the AML’s capabilities, limitations, and to learn and practice various operating techniques. Contact us for more information.
- Laser Target Indicator - An easy-to-see laser indicator highlights the located object's position on the ground when it has been detected.
- Scientific Instrument - The AML is a highly technical scientific instrument. To protect it, an impact resistant and water proof carrying case with a shock-absorbant foam housing protects your AML while in transit or on the job site.
- Ergonomic Handle - The AML PRO handle is designed to provide the user with a comfortable grip in any weather condition, ensuring an accurate reading when the fingers are placed along the knurls.
- Powerful USB flexibility allows users to export GPS coordinates, import the latest firmware updates and connect to the auxiliary lithium battery source
- Lightweight - The AML is constructed from lightweight, shock-resistant materials that make it easy to use and handle throughout the work day.
- Headphone Jack - A convenient headphone jack allows the user to listen to audio signals with premium noise isolating headphones (included).
HOW DOES IT WORK
The key to how the AML detects PVC/PE pipes and to identifying the size or length of a pipe is to understand how its radio frequency detects buried plastic and other objects.
- Holding the AML’s handle parallel to the ground, scan the area of the suspected pipe or buried object until one or both of the AML’s target indicators activate.
- While the left or right target indicator is activated, rotate the AML until both LED target indicators light simultaneously, triggering the AML’s tone and laser marker. This alert indicates that the pipe or object has been detected and that the AML is now parallel with the underground object.
- With the AML in parallel with the pipe or underground object, you can now scan the entire length of the object’s edge. As an alternative, utilize the “W” method of scanning by sweeping the area in a back-and-forth “W” motion, marking the object’s location and run direction as it is tracked.
Physical Dimensions AML PRO
Height: 13 in. / 33.0cm 11 in. / 27.9cm
Length: 14 in. / 35.6cm 14 in. / 35.6cm
Width: 6 in. / 15.2cm 6 in. / 15.2cm
Weight: 2.5 lbs. / 1.13kg 2 lbs. / 0.90kg
Batteries: (3) 9-Volt Alkalines
Battery Packs: 2
Est. Alkaline Battery Life: 25 hours
min. life: 4 hours min. life: 5 hours
Auxiliary Lithium Battery Packs typical life: 80 hours typical life: 100 hours
min. life: 20+ hours min. life: 25+ hours
Transmitter Frequency 2.45 GHz 2.45 GHz
IN THE BOX
- AML Pro locator
- KOSS noise cancelling isolating headphones with carrying case
- Heavy duty carrying case
- Operators manual
- Charging kit
- 1x 9V battery pack (3 9V batteries)
- 1x 2' USB Cable
- 1x Cigarette USB Adapter
- 1x 4 port USB charger
- 1x portable USB charger