Subsurface Instruments ML-3S 40″ Magnetic Locator
Magnetic locator offers durable one-handed operation that’s 100% waterproof.
The ML-3 is a much-anticipated and welcome addition to the ML family of magnetic locators from SSI. ML-3 magnetic locators represent the best in innovation at work for the water/sewer industry, surveying industry and military.
That’s because the ML-3 reflects many of the items on our customers’ technological wish lists. The ML-3 short is 40″ to meet surveyors’ personal preference, providing an ergonomic, lightweight, rugged, one-handed operation option to traditional magnetic locators. The ML-3 offers unparalleled durability, as all components are housed inside the aircraft-grade aluminum monotube units.
But don’t let its looks fool you. The ML-3S is the only magnetic locator in the world that is 100 percent waterproof, IP68 certified up to 250 feet – a first for the industry – so it can be used in difficult weather and submerged under water. Plus, its auto-zero feature allows the user to “cancel” ambient magnetics or magnetic gradient in the soil or water. And it’s digitally tuned, so it offers unparalleled accuracy in detecting ferromagnetic objects.
- Detection of buried ferrous metal objects at depths up to 8 feet or more
- Handgun: One to two feet 175mm
- projectile: Four to five feet
- Water standoff valve: Six to ten feet
- Varying pitch audio signal mode using a moving coil speaker for enhanced audio output
- IP68 Certified, waterproof and complete protection against sand, dust, and dirt
- Waterproof sensor tube pressure tested to water depths of up to 250 feet
- Easy-to-use, one-handed operation with four-button keypad:
- On/Off button: Turns unit on or off
- Zero button: Automatically calibrates unit to ambient magnetic conditions
- Gain Up button: Increases the locating sensitivity of the unit
- Gain Down button: Decreases the locating sensitivity of the unit
- Rugged construction for field conditions
- Low battery indication with flashing LCD
- Includes soft case with carrying straps and inside pocket for batteries and manual; Optional aluminum hard case available
- Underwater search and detection of Submerged vehicles UXOs and mines Salvageable wrecks Pipes and cables
- Made in the USA – Built and serviced entirely in Wisconsin
- Overall Length: 40 in (101.6 cm)
- Weight: 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg)
- Input Power: Three (3) standard 9-volt alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: ≈ 40 Hours
- Frequency: 16.5 kHz
- Audio: Speaker pitch increases in frequency proportional to gradient field intensity
- Visual: LCD display with a bar graph indicating polarity and relative strength of the signal. Also, provides low battery indication.
- Operating Temperature: -13° to 140° F (-25° to 60° C)
- Ingress Protection: IP68 Certified up to 250 feet
- Exterior Sensor Tube: Aircraft grade aluminum
- Warranty: 7 Years
- Shipping: Dimensions: 44″ x 4″ x 4″ Weight: 4 Lbs.
IN THE BOX
- 1x ML-3 Magnetic locator
- Soft pack custom case
- Instruction manual
- 1 set of 9-volt batteries
There are no reviews yet.