Leica BLK3D 3D Imager
Leica BLK3D – The in-picture measurement solution
The Leica BLK3D is a measurement solution based on photos. Each photo captured is a complete measurement record which contains height, width, and depth measurements. Measurements can be created at any point, right away on-site using the handheld BLK3D Imager, or at any point in time thereafter using the BLK3D Desktop Software.
Overcome measurement challenges
The Leica BLK3D enables you to easily measure hard to reach areas, you can even measure past objects. Measurements which previously may have required a laser distance meter, a second person and a target plate, can now be create in an image.
HOW THE BLK3D WORKS
CALIBRATED CAMERA SYSTEM
The BLK3D makes documentation faster, easier, more collaborative, and with much more detail than traditional methods.
2x 10 MP (158.00 mm diagonal calibrated base line)
Field of view: 80°
Focal length: 4.0 mm (22 mm in 35 mm equiv. in 1:1)
2x Synchronous LED Flash
Intuitive Android OS
64GB storage: Holds thousands of 3D images
Fast data transfer with USB-C and WLAN
Rechargeable battery lasts a full day
SIZE & WEIGHT
180 x 77 x 27 mm (7.1 x 3.1 x 1.1 in)
480 g / 17 oz
Aluminum housing for stability and durability.
Chemically hardened, sunlight visible, multi-touch screen.
Protective covering for grip and shock absorption.
Use the laser EDM combined with smart mapping tools to sketch accurate floorplans and combine them with 3D images. Achieve 1mm accuracy by assigning laser measurements to image measurements.
Accuracy with favorable conditions *
± 1.0 mm / 0.04 in ***
Range with favorable conditions *
250 m / 820 ft
Smallest unit displayed
0.1mm / 1/32 in
From automotive manufacturing to food and beverage production, the BLK3D enables engineers and plant managers to efficiently document, modify, and operate their facilities.
UTILITY AND INFRASTRUCTURE INSPECTION
Engineers and utility operators use the BLK3D for inspection and management, structural analysis, and coordination of make-ready and joint use engineering processes.
Facility managers and service providers can quickly capture as-built conditions and data to create key directories, floorplans, and building documentation.
RENOVATION, REMODEL, PRESERVATION
Contractors hired to renovate, remodel, or preserve historic buildings benefit from the BLK3D’s on-site documentation capabilities. They can instantly send images with dimensional data to team members for material design and fabrication to exactly match as-built conditions.
BLK3D Mobile and Desktop Software: Explained
What is BLK3D Mobile?
The BLK3D Mobile (or field) software runs on-board the BLK3D imager. It is a proprietary app that runs exclusively on BLK3D hardware, which is why it is not available in the Google Play store. However, the app functionality and user interface will be familiar to smartphone users.
What is BLK3D Desktop?
The BLK3D Desktop software is an extension of the mobile functionality which runs on Windows laptops and desktops.
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 10 or 8.1 with 64-bit
- 6 GB RAM available
- Mouse with scroll wheel for efficient zoom & point selection
Do I need to purchase additional software to use the BLK3D?
You do not! In fact, the BLK3D is ready to use right out of the box without any additional subscriptions. BLK3D Mobile Basic comes pre-installed from the factory and allows users to capture and measure 3D images in Reality Capture, manage 3D images and BLK3D Projects in Organizer, and use the on-board laser distance meter to take measurements without any additional costs.
For more advanced functions and uses, we offer various options for users to increase productivity and efficiency that are available to purchase as annual subscriptions.
I see a wide selection of subscriptions on your website. Which options are right for me?
Optional Subscriptions for BLK3D Mobile:
- Sketch & Document Subscription – Mobile Sketch & Document allows users to sketch a new plan or work with existing plans on their BLK3D. This subscription is extremely valuable for field work; it has many options for sketching rooms or uploading PDF/JPG plans, capturing dimensions of interior spaces, and photo documentation.
- Mobile Publisher Subscription – One of our most popular subscriptions, BLK3D Mobile Publisher allows users in the field to capture & share measurements with anyone, anywhere as long as they have a WiFi or hotspot connection. Images are uploaded to BLK3D Web and can be shared with a unique hyperlink with no license required for the recipient, who can then open images in a web browser of their choice to measure and export them.
Optional Subscriptions for BLK3D Desktop:
- Desktop Base Subscription – This Windows-based software is an extension of the BLK3D Mobile App and it enables users to organize, back-up, and measure from their 3D images. This is an essential piece of office software that we recommend for all BLK3D users.
- Desktop Publisher Subscription – Similar to BLK3D Mobile with the exception that users can publish images from a desktop computer. This option is ideal for users who prefer to work with their 3D images primarily in the office. Inside of BLK3D Desktop, a simple right click on a 3D image in Organizer will allow users to generate a unique link to the photo. The links can be shared or embedded almost anywhere for use by anyone with a web browser and internet connection.
- Desktop 3D Model Subscription – By adding the 3D Model subscription, you will have the possibility to visualize your measured points and lines in 3D, and export your measurements as DWG/DXF file for use in the CAD program of your choice.
What’s in the box:
- 1x 869073 Leica BLK3D
- 1x Power Adapter
- 1x Battery
- 1x Neck Strap
- 1x 5309961 1-yr BLK3D Mobile ADSK BIM 360 Subscription
*Included items subject to change at any time. Call to confirmBLK3D Protective Case NOT INCLUDED and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED